37 hours per week
£24,747 (this includes £1,100 enhancement for participating in the organisation’s out of hour’s on-call on a rota basis)
Closing dateWednesday 13 December 2023
Action Homeless are committed to ending the cycle of homelessness and ensuring everyone has a decent and safe place to call home. Our mission is to ensure that no one has to sleep rough on the street in our City. We are passionate about ending street homelessness, and empowering people to achieve higher living standards and quality of life.
This fantastic opportunity will see you joining a much needed service in the City that supports homelessness. You will be required to work as part of a team in initially in our low support service with a view to developing and supporting our other services over time. Hours will vary and may include shift cover and weekend work to ensure we can provide our services and the needs of our clients.
As a Homeless Services Officer you will….
- Complete regular health and safety checks of individual rooms/properties. Ensuring our accommodation provides a safe and secure living environment
- sign up new clients to their accommodation, advising them of their rights and obligations under the conditions of their tenancy/licence agreements and fully inducting them into the new accommodation
- Be the first point of contact in all matters relating to our clients accommodation e.g. housing benefit advice, arrears advice and anti-social behaviour issues.
- Be responsible for delivering housing related support so our clients sustain their accommodation. This will include encouraging regular rent payments, budgeting and maintaining their home.
- Support clients to progress their action plans to achieve a positive and sustainable move into more permanent accommodation
- Be able to deal with difficult situations and manage conflict appropriately
- Be alert to the health and well-being of the clients in our services
To be successful you will need….
- An approachable manner with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to motivate clients and provide encouragement so they engage with the support available to them
- The IT skills to collect, input and retrieve data using our ICT systems
- Commitment and flexibility towards your work