Zero Hour Contract
Action Homeless, a Leicester based Charity are seeking experienced Sessional Workers to work on zero hour contracts on a sessional basis with an immediate start.
We are able to offer flexible working hours up to 37 hours per week on a temporary basis for up to 12 weeks at a time or ad-hoc work. Hours will vary across the roles and may include shift and weekend work to ensure we can provide our services for 7 days per week to meet the needs of our clients.
This fantastic opportunity will see you joining a much needed service in the City that supports homelessness. You will be required to work as part of team in either our low, medium or high support services dependent on the staffing needs of these services.
As an experienced homeless services officer you will….
- Complete regular health and safety checks of individual rooms/properties. Ensuring our accommodation provides a safe and secure living environment
- sign up new clients to their accommodation, advising them of their rights and obligations under the conditions of their tenancy/licence agreements and fully inducting them into the new accommodation
- Be the first point of contact in all matters relating to our clients accommodation e.g. housing benefit advice, arrears advice and anti-social behaviour issues.
- Be responsible for delivering housing related support so our clients sustain their accommodation. This will include encouraging regular rent payments, budgeting and maintaining their home.
- Support clients to progress their action plans to achieve a positive and sustainable move into more permanent accommodation
- Be able to deal with difficult situations and manage conflict appropriately
- Be alert to the health and well-being of the clients in our services
To be successful you will need….
- An approachable manner with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to motivate clients and provide encouragement so they engage with the support available to them
- The IT skills to collect, input and retrieve data using our ICT systems
- Experience of supporting clients within a housing setting
- Commitment and flexibility towards your work
To apply please download, complete our application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org